Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Will new shocks raise my ride height at all?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know that the springs determine ride height but I'm wondering if lowering springs in conjunction with stock shocks sag and therefore sit a little lower than they should.

    I have the ST 1.3" drop springs and my car looks perfect. But I want to get the KYB AGX's and I'm worried about the stiffer shocks raising my ride height.

    Have any of you noticed an increase in ride height after replacing your stock shock with stiffer ones?

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Back to the top;

    I want to get the KYB AGX's but I'm worried that I may have to get new springs to maintain my current height.

    Somebody with the KYB's has got to know if it'll affect my ride height.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 4dGSR at work's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have tokico illuminas w/eibach sport
    1.7 drop
    i want to be higher
    help me out too!
    think your guess is right about the shocks though. any ideas 4 me?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The weight of the car is supported by the springs...the shocks will not dictate the height of the car unless the spring perch is at a different height than the stock one...so if the new shock has the spring perch at the same height as the stocker your car will be at the same height

    ------------------
    John
    Hey what you got in there??(In a redneck voice)
    Oh just a Intake, Header and Exhaust
    B18C1 powered Civic EX Coupe
    '92 Civic VX Hatch...being prepared for MAD BOOST!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My ride height is absolutely perfect right now. I have 1.3" drop springs but I never measured to see exactly how much I dropped. I'm just assuming is pretty damn close to 1.3". If I put on the KYB AGX's, I would be disappointed if the ride height was raised and then I'd have to get some new springs.

    I'm hoping those guys with the KYB's will chime in.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My ride with KYB AGX lowered the advertised 3/4" with H&R OESport springs.

    Greg

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greg,

    So did your drop decrease (higher ride height) or did your overall ride height decrease with the new shocks?

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greg,

    So your drop was more than the 3/4" of the springs?

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The drop seems to be about 3/4", just like the springs were advertised as.

    That's why I don't think the shocks are going to affect you're ride height.

    I really don't see how shocks could affect ride height ever, unless the drop was so extreme that it went beyond the range the shock was designed for.

    Greg

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ricehornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, i think the Konis have a 5pt height adjustable. +/- one inch.
    Meaning if u put it on the middle perch it'll be stock height and your drop would stay the same, move the perch around and your car would be lower or taller than before even with new shortened springs

    at least this is what i've drawn out of a converstation i had about this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •